March 20, 2009

Skating in the St. Pat's parade....brrrrr!!!


Waking up last Saturday was tough. It was rainy, cold & EARLY. About 7:30 am I hear a "beep" on my phone, letting me know I got a text message. Many beeps later I had 5 messages from CQS asking if we were still going to skate in the St. Patrick's Day parade in 5 Points. I really wanted to say "no", but it was not up to me.  So, 45 minutes later my living room was scattered with 15 rollergirls. They were strapping their skates on at my house even though it was nasty out. After 3 carpool trips up to the starting line, we realized that "yes" the parade was still on and "yes" we were going to skate.

And we weren't the only member in the parade. It seems that everyone was out in full force and no one was giving up on St. Pat. Yes the crowd was thinner, but that made our Hershey Kisses last longer! We also got a chance to meet with fans that would stop us along the route. Here we are with one of them.


There were no injuries that I can remember and afterwards we stole all of the mini leprechauns that were on the float in front of us. All in all it was a fun parade and great St. Pat's day.

Thanks to everyone for coming out! See you on April 26th for our State Championship!

Hugs & Bruises,
Debya Gore 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment